Did you know that research is showing the air quality inside our homes is much deadlier than the air quality outside? How can that be?
Join me as I break down the hidden toxins we find inside our homes. Today we are focused on the laundry room, where some of the more toxic chemicals reside, and specifically laundry detergent.
Make sure you don't miss an episode of Hidden Toxins. Get my blog sent directly to you as soon as the episode is released! SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG LIST HERE!
Would you like to know how toxic your body might be? Take my FREE assessment HERE!
Do you know what hidden toxins lay in your laundry room?? And no, we are not talking about those sweaty socks!!
Join me as we take a deeper look at dryer sheets! We all have smelled them when we are walking outside in neighborhoods, we know exactly who is doing laundry, right???
Why do we want to eliminate toxins in our home? You heard above just a bit about my story, but let's look at just a few things that are symptoms of toxic overload on the body:
Grab my FREE Toxic Risk Assessment HERE.
I don't know if you're like me, but some days it seems so difficult to focus! Tell me I'm not alone here!!
I've got four easy steps that have worked for me countless times that I'd like to share with you if this is your struggle too!!
It has been shown that meditation boosts our immune system, increases positive emotions and improves our focus. So let's get all these wonderful benefits!! All we need to do to begin meditation is find a quiet spot and sit comfortably. I like to close my eyes and pay attention to my breathing. Feeling it entering my body and leaving. I focus on this for awhile and then I begin to notice my thoughts. I don't try to change them, just notice them and let them pass.
When I began meditating, I couldn't do it for more than 5 minutes. I've now worked myself up to 15 minutes. Do what works for you and I know you'll see all those wonderful benefits.
2. Make A List
I am a type A and RED personality. My mind races all the time with ideas and things that need to be done. If I didn't make a list I would be completely lost. Getting my thoughts out on paper helps me to clarify what I'm doing and where my focus needs to be. A couple tips on making a list that I have fine tuned over the years:
* Keep a notebook by your bed, that way when a thought pops in your head you can jot it down and be able to sleep.
* Make your list at the end of your workday. This allows me to "finish" my work day and move on!
* Tackle the most important items on your list first. We are most alert within the first 2 hours of waking up! Use that momentum to your benefit!!
Scientists have shown that exercise increases focus by up to two or three hours after you complete your workout!! How cool is that?? So, not only are we getting the tremendous health benefits from exercise, we now know it's helping our focus as well. This doesn't have to be rigorous, simply walking will do the trick. Feeling that afternoon slump? Get up and walk, even better if you can get outside!!
4. Essential Oils
Now you know I don't do any of the above without applying or diffusing essential oils. Some of my favorites to use are Brain Power, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Clarity and of course Peppermint. You can add any of these to your diffuser and get all the great benefits. I personally love to apply any one of these to the back of my neck for extra focus support. Essential oils are very powerful support as smell is the only way to stimulate the emotional side of the brain!
I appreciate you checking in on another episode! I'd love to connect through social media with you just click on the links below and make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my blog and be the first to get my newest episodes!!
Life can sure throw us some curve balls, can't it?? When that happens, we can feel unsettled, scared and overwhelmed. I don't know about you, but when this happens to me, it freezes me. I don't feel like I can do anything and that's the worst thing for me. Immersing myself into a daily routine helps me feel like I can continue to put one foot in front of the other. Before you know it, those things don't feel as scary or unsettling.
There are several things I like to do daily, and I especially need this when I'm in a transitioning phase in life.
1. I use my emotional oils. These are absolutely life saving for me. My go to's right now are Acceptance and Awakening. These blends help me accept what life is throwing at me and then help me emotionally handle what is to come. When we diffuse or smell essential oils, they are very powerful in affecting our emotions. These 2 help me look at these times in life like an ocean, naturally crashing in and ebbing back out. I like to apply Acceptance over my liver and on my ears. Many of our negative emotions are stored in our livers and the outer rims of our ears are our emotional vitaflex points! I use Awakening across my chest so I can smell and breathe it in! We have a number of emotional oils, and I will use others as well. These are my go to's right now.
2. Every day I begin with prayer and meditation as well as journaling. It's important for me to not just journal and read God's words or a daily devotion, but to listen. Meditation is my time to listen to what God has to say to me. I love my New Every Morning devotional book by Parable that I've had for over 20 years. Every year I seemed to get a new message from the day.
3. I immerse myself in self development. What do you want to improve on? Right now I am working through Brendon Burchard's Wellness Master Class. He describes well-being as a combination of wellness (physical) and being (how we are with others) and that it's important for both to truly be well. I'm loving it as he is sharing what they discovered over years of studying and researching High Performance individuals. It came at a great time for me with all the shifts that are occuring. I do not believe that was by mistake!
4. And lastly, your health!! It is so important to pay attention to what you are putting IN your body right now. I don't know about you, but I struggle with this one when I'm not feeling emotionally stable. I tend to want to make really poor choices in food and that makes this process even worse. Concentrate on more vegetables and fruits. If you have that sweet craving, go for the fruit. Also, I have to move! Just walking 30 minutes a day releases endorphins that make us feel good. We reduce our stress levels and we are able to sleep better as well as have better cognitive support! This is huge to help us through these emotionally trying times!!
What else would you add to this list?
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my email list and be the first to get my new episodes!!